Iceland Pure Salmon Oil
Salmon Oil for Dogs and Cats
33 oz. bottle
- Pharmaceutical Human Grade
Note: There is a very slight salmon scent.
- Excellent source of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids
Atlantic Salmon (farmed Norwegian salmon), Mixed Tocopherols (preservative)
Iceland Pure Salmon Oil does not contain rosemary as a preservative. Studies have shown rosemary may cause seizures and anemia.
Ok to refrigerate
Iceland Pure extracts oils at very low temperatures. This procedure ensures that the fatty acids are not broken down and the fish oil qualities are not lost. The process of distillation is called "molecular-distillation" during which all harmful materials are separated and removed from the product. Iceland Pure's distillation process takes only 45 seconds at 250 degrees C under high vacuum. This shortened time for the process greatly improves the quality because it guarantees that no trans fats are created.
In 2005 Iceland Pure discovered that the plastic bottles that housed their nutritional salmon oil shrunk and buckled soon after being filled. Iceland Pure was determined to find out why this was happening and what was causing it. Many environmentalists, health conscious and educated public are aware that plastic bottles are made of many toxic chemicals. One of these chemicals is called Hexane. Certain liquids will tend to “break down" the plastic over time. In order to ensure the quality of the product and maintain its integrity, Iceland Pure changed to a new bottle. Iceland Pure's aluminum bottles are coated with Epoxy Resin that, once hardened, becomes like glass. Oil will not break down this type of coating, and the coating will not affect the purity of the oil.
Guaranteed Analysis per Teaspoon (4,800mg)
- Crude Protein 0%
- Crude Fat 99.9%
- Moisture 0.1%
- Crude Ash 0%
- Total Omega 3 Fatty Acids* 1,118 mg/tsp (max)
- Elcosapentaenoic Acid* (EPA) 644 mg (max)
- Docosahexaenoic Acid* (DHA) 414 mg (max)
- Omega 6 Fatty Acids* 82 mg (max)
* Not recognized as an essential nutrient by AAFCO
- Calorie Content:
- 9 calories per 1 gram
- 45.45 calories per 1 teaspoon
- 9,000 calories per 1 liter (33 oz.)
- Dogs & Cats 50 lbs or under: 1,000 mg per day (2 pumps daily)
- Dogs greater than 50 lbs: 2,000 mg per day (4 pumps daily)
- Dogs greater than 100 lbs: 3,000 mg per day (6 pumps daily)
- Or as recommended by your Veterinarian
One pump = 1/2 teaspoon (500 mg)
Administer by mixing with your pet's food.
This product is recommended for supplemental feeding only.